“You can’t be pitiful and power. Choose one.” -Joyce Meyer “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” -Oprah ~ When times are tough, you choose to let it bring you down or motivate you to push even harder. We believe about ourselves what we think of ourselves.
Today was great success for Project Persevere. We helped those in need with resumes and many other factors of professional development. Our next class is Thursday, July 28th, 2017 2p.m. until 4 p.m. Project Persevere is located in Charlotte, NC and is open to the public. To get involved, give is a call @ 980-313-4651 or 847-344-1264. To donate to Project Persevere, click on the link below.
We appreciate your support. Follow our page on Facebook.
Having a high IQ or being top of your class doesn’t make you successful. Not even attending the best colleges. More so, being gritty. People become successful because of their passion and persistence. Being gritty is the ability to persevere. It’s about being unusually resilient and hardworking, so much so that you’re willing to continue on in the face of difficulties, obstacles and even failures. It’s about being constantly driven to improve.
Our next book for the 7th month of the year is “Jesus Life Coach.”
Jesus Life Coach
Author: Lauren Beth Jones
Each one of us look at success a different way and we have different ideas to getting there. Laurie Beth Jones shows us how to reach success God’s way. When we walk in Jesus’s footsteps, we become humble, grateful, and at peace with ourselves. In this book you will learn more about focus, balance, productivity, and fulfillment. These four things are a few keys to reaching your best potential.
To purchase “Jesus Life Coach,” click on links below.
Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/jesus-life-coac…/1100332388
Take care of yourself! To be a great leader, you must take care of yourself mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Doing so helps you discover who you are and brings out the best in you. It also prepares you for what may come along your journey to success. Depending on how successful you are, most likely you will be a leader to someone. How you lead determines how far your followers will go. What you do privately to help prepare yourself will show once you are in the mist of those you are teaching and guiding. Self care is important. Be the right kind of leader. ~ MJ
Successful ✅ Independent ✅ Is she single? Yes! As a woman, I worked my way to the top. I take pride in the foundation I’ve built for myself. When I see other women taking charge, my heart smiles. Women are evolving in a world that still places high unrealistic expectations on us that we refuse to live up to because we know how to think for ourselves. From here we can only go up. Ladies, take charge! Be a better YOU and be proud of you. #feminist #charlotte
10 Tips for Successful Public Speaking
- Know your material. Once you have picked a topic you are interested in, be sure to know more than you include in your speech. Use personal stories to relate to the topic. Use conversational language.
- Practice. Rehearse out loud and repeat this action often.
- Know your audience. Greet audience members as they arrive. Converse with them prior to giving your speech.
- Know the room. Arrive early. Practice using microphone and walk around the stage.
- Relax. Transform nervous energy into enthusiasm. Try breathing exercises.
- Visualize yourself giving the speech. Imagine the audience clapping and giving a standing ovation.
- Realize people want to succeed. Audiences want you to be interesting, stimulating. informative, entertaining. They want to succeed, not fail.
- Don’t apologize. This is unnecessary because the audience never notice when you screw up UNLESS you make it obvious.
- Concentrate on the message. Focus your attention away from your own anxieties and concentrate on your message and your audience.
- Gain experience. Experience builds confidence, which is the key to effective speaking.