My company Direct Consultants, LLC has opened its second office in Charlotte, NC. Since then, we have began the process of hiring new project managers and acquiring interns. We have officially hired an administrative manager, a new project manager, and a marketing director. Our new office is located in the Music Factory area near Uptown Charlotte. We have a few things coming your way:
– We will be traveling to Chicago, IL and Greenville, SC to set up new offices and to hire new talent.
– We have new business packages available now.
– We are currently planning new events for the spring and summer.
– Office number three will open at the end of the summer.
Find out more about Direct Consultants, LLC at www.directconsultantsllc.com.
Read our blog at www.directconsultantsgroup.com.
Book: The E Myth
Author: Michael E. Gerber
The E Myth book review:
What is the E Myth?
1: the entrepreneurial myth: the myth that most people who start small businesses are entrepreneurs 2: the fatal assumption that an individual who understands the technical work of a business can successfully run a business that does that technical work. Gerber walks you through the steps in the life of a business—from entrepreneurial infancy through adolescent growing pains to the mature entrepreneurial perspective: the guiding light of all businesses that succeed—and shows how to apply the lessons of franchising to any business, whether or not it is a franchise. Most importantly, Gerber draws the vital, often overlooked distinction between working on your business and working in your business. When I first read The E Myth it really made me pause and think. It made me realize that in order to have a successful business, I need to constantly grow and improve myself – to literally change my way of thinking and mindset. I needed to take the necessary actions to grow, as my business is merely an extension of myself. Michael Gerber explains it more thoroughly below:
– If your thinking is sloppy, your business will be sloppy.
– If you are disorganized, your business will be disorganized.
– If you are greedy, your employees will be greedy, giving you less and less of themselves and always asking for more.
– If your information about what needs to be done in your business is limited, your business will reflect that limitation.
– So if your business is to change — as it must continuously to thrive — you must change first. If you are unwilling to change, your business will never be capable of giving you what you want.
My favorite quote: “If your business depends on you, you don’t own a business — you have a job.”
To purchase The E Myth, click on link below:
Barnes and Noble:
For BOOK REVIEWS email firstname.lastname@example.org. SUBJECT LINE: Book Review
Hi everyone! I’m so excited to announce that I will be running for Ms. Black North Carolina for the Mr\Ms\Mrs Black North Carolina Pageant representing the Charlotte, NC region. The pageant will be held in Raleigh, NC March 17th-18th, 2018. Wish me luck! Miss Black North Carolina USA Miss Black USA. Thanks Noire Productions for the opportunity. Thanks for allowing women of all ages to represent women of color.
Vote NOW: http://noireproductions.com/Mr_Ms_Mrs_Black_NC_Court_2.html
The last two books of the year discuss corporate relationships, leadership, and management in the workplace.
Living Successfully with Screwed-Up People
Author: Elizabeth B. Brown
We are surrounded by people who we may not get along with or just don’t like. However, should that be something that stops you from accomplishing your goals? “Living Successfully with Screwed-Up People” teaches us that following:
1) Take back the power from the difficult people in your life
2) Respond productively when confronted
3) Remain poised and in control when everyone around you loses it
4) Win fairly in unfair battles
5) Let go of the past and live triumphantly now
Purchase this book on Amazon:
Transformational Management and Leadership
Author: Richard A Hardy
Now, how do we manage those same people?
Transformational Management and Leadership teach us the do’s and don’ts of managing people with different backgrounds, different learning structure, and different personalities. It also teaches us how we behave and how we treat others affects how we lead and manage.
Purchase this book on Amazon:
OMG! After 10 years of hard work as an Entrepreneur, military service, two degrees, and a successful modeling career, I’ve been nominated for Forbes 30 under 30. This has to be the greatest day of my life. Whether I win or not, I am super stoked right now. I’ve worked so hard and now it is paying off in a big way. Thank you to those who support me and my work. 🙌 Follow me: Myeka Johnson
Are you an author of a book? Do you host a blog? Post about it in my book club @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/myekasbookclub/
Happy Sunday!!! Thanks to everyone who participated in our photoshoot for MJ’s. We have a new shipment and the new jewelry will be available within the next two weeks. Shout out to the models Sasha Jenkins and Ciara Gee for their hard work and stunning looks. Thank you Ki Lashelle for being our photographer. Thank you Sean Que for all of your behind-the-scenes work. Check out MJ’s @ www.facebook.com/mjsgiftshopsc and www.mjsgiftshop.com.